Thursday, April 14, 2011

Skill Progression

In this module I feel my animating skills have impressed to no end, which I am especially happy about as I have never been a confidant animator. Learning to skin my model with the use of the envelope system opposed to the vertex system saved me a great deal of time and I am very happy with the outcome and the ease of tweaking.

The link constraint tool is also a fantastic addition to my arsenal of tools and look forward to making the most of it in the future.

This is one of the first times I have not used images for all of my materials. I played around with a lot of the settings in the material editor and created some extremely effective cartoon wood and grass materials that I used, making a very effective, stylized look without having to go image hunting.

I am also very happy at how I have shown an array of emotions with some very simple facial modifiers. Just by editing the speed at which the facial expressions change give the animation different effects.

The use of the cloth and garment modifiers in this module where the first times I had encountered them, and am very happy with how easily they produce such effective results. Definitely one of the most useful things I have learnt in this module which is transferable to many aspects of 3D Design.

I also learned how to use volumetric fog within my scene, which I think is a good addition and really adds to the Mise-en-scène. This took a little work to achieve correctly, but I am happy at how it come out in the end.

I am more confident in my animation skills now and look forward to using it in future endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment