Thursday, April 14, 2011

Future Improvements

Although I am happy with the outcome of my work, there are still some things that I would like to improve on in the future.

I feel that my emotions are clear cut, I feel that any sort of ambient movement in my animation is present, and Ursus feels a little too static at time where he could be moving about a bit more instead of standing planted to the ground.

I struggled slightly with some of the weighting of the bear, especially his hands and wrists, which results in a few creases and bulges where they should not be, although they are only minor for the most part. This is one of the things I would most like to improve on in the future, the ability to create very tight and realistic skins for meshes so that they work just as they would in the real world.

As mentioned previously, I would very much like to improve the quality of the flip in the second to last scene, however I still feel that it was mainly a problem with the curve editor that causes it to seem so erratic. That being said it's erratic-ness does somewhat fit the cartoony feel we were attempting to produce, so perhaps it is a mixed bag of points.

A lot of my camera work is static, and even though I feel I have placed them well in the scenes, some movement to them would also enhance the experience. Much in the say way the the ambient animation of Ursus would help.

Finally I would have liked to have used more Morph effects on Ursus face, as I feel this could have given him a slightly more flexible feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment