Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ursus Amendments

Having shown my model to Richard and discussing with him my concerns of flexibility with the original model of Ursus, I have made some amendments at Richards suggestion that I think make him more flexible and refined.



Here is Ursus in his original form. As you can see he is sporting quite a gut on him. Apart from giving him a higher chancer of heart disease, this big belly also got in the way when trying to animate his arms. I have an idea for him to hold a pole at one point in my animation, so the fact that it was impossible to manoeuvre his arms around his waist meant that I needed put him on a strict diet. Richard also suggest that I made Ursus more toned and masculine looking, so I took this advise and gave him a more cartoon like "triangle" shaped physique, much like that of Mr Incredible. (Mr Incredibear anyone?)



This is Ursus in his new, manly state. Note the now very tiny legs, and this seems to make the character even more humours. I don't have any plans for Ursuses legs to play a huge role in the animation and coming across of emotion, I plan to do most of this with hand movements and ear and brow positioning, so it is not a big loss on this front either.




Here is another version of Ursus which I am not quite sure about. It has some prominent pectoral muscles which are meant to show that he is a strong, male bear, althought I am unsure at this time whether I have made him too masculine now, so I may opt to keep the second version of Ursus.

I am very happy with how he is looking at this time, so I will move onto boning and skinning my model so that he is ready to animate. Once this is done I will post my storyboard and explain the premise of my narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment