Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scene 11 - Honey on Nose

In this, the final scene, Ursus is laying flat on his back pulling a sad face because he lost his honey, but just as he is about to give up hope, the honey pot flies out of the sky and lands upside down on his snout, giving him a delicious mouthful of honey.

I tried to time Ursus' eyebrow movement going up here to show him almost rolling his eyes in indulgence. I think that it works quite well, but feel an added sound effect may help complete the message. This scene was adapted somewhat from my original idea where I wanted the honey pot to cover Ursus, whole head, but adaptations of my original design meant that I had to make some different decisions when creating my final piece.

The only real movement in this scene are of the honey pot and Ursus' eyebrow. My thinking behind this is both the emotional feelings of ecstasy and depression use very little movement, and I thought to tie the two together would be an interesting effect. I feel that it worked relatively well.


No comments:

Post a Comment