Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Character Creation

After doing research into popular characters such as the ones seen on my mood board, I have decided that the best course of action for this comedy short is going to be an animal, acting as a human, much like the rabbit from my initial research.

The character will have a very disproportioned biped body, helping add to the comedy factor of the animation. At this point in time, I am thinking that my character will be a bear, I haven't decided on a name yet, but seeing as soon as I thought of the character Yogi Bear 3D was announced, Yogi is out of the question.

As for the characters face, I will be using very little real facial features, and well be relying more on brow structure and ear movement for facial expression rather than going the easy route for a realistic humanoid face.



Here is my initial sketch of the character, I am quite happy with this as a basic idea, but as I come to create him in a 3D environment I expect I will have to make revisions based on his animation limitations and other, unforeseen problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment