Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scene 8 - Sneaking

Ursus' fantastic idea was to disguise himself as a picnic basket. I have had many people mention Yogi bear to me at this stage, but I fail to see why any one animator should have a monopoly on a type of animal or it's characteristics. I like to point out that my bear can show just as much emotion as Yogi Bear without the need for him to speak.

In this scene, Ursus sneaks into the camp sight in a comical cartoon way. As he walks into the camp on his tip toes, I will likely add a classic cartoon sound effect over the top of enhance the funniness of the scene.

Once Ursus has snuck his was onto the scene he appears next to the honey, and pulls an extremely happy face. As mentioned before, I find it quite surprising how easily you can tell he has this metaphoric smile, even with the absence of a mouth.

To create the sneaking animation, I again started with a run cycle, and then heavily edited it so that I could jump cut Ursus to behind the table. I positioned the camera in such a way that you could see Ursus sneaking from tree to tree, making it more comical and suitable for our target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment