Thursday, April 14, 2011

Prop & Scene Creation

For my animation, I created a few props and a scene for the story to take place in.

To make the scene I started off by creating a 5 x 5 plane.
I turned the plane into an editable poly and then used the paint deformation tool to add some hills and ditches, giving the scene more depth. Once this was done I added a turbo smooth modifier to get the desired effect.

After I had done this I created a tree by attaching three cones together and bevelling their edges. After this I added a cylinder and extruded out the bottom to create the trunk of the tree. With this done, a turbo smooth modifier weas added to round off any jagged edges.

A simple skybox was made by creating a large box and removing the top. I then flipped the normal and chamfered the 4 inside edges to remove the harsh corners from view.



To create the sign I used a plank model I mad made previously by extruding out verts from the end of a long thin box. I then made another long thing box and used it as the base for the sign.



To create the table, I made a long plank shaped box, and copied it several times to create the top of the table. I then took a few planks from either end and copied them beneath the originals, to create the chair of the bench. Final;ly I added some extra diagonal planks for legs and support struts.



As for the tablecloth. I started by making a plain about 4/3 the size of the table top. I then applied a garment modifier to it and then used the cloth modfier to simulate the cloth falling onto the table. I then snapshot this simulation so that it became a solid entity, creating a realisitic tablecloth effect.



To create the honey pot, I started out with a cylinder and duplicated it into itself using the scale tool. I then flipped the normals on the smaller cylinder and welded it to the bigger one, creating a hollow entity. I then copied the bottom of the pot and flipped it 180 degrees to make a like. using the inset and extruder tools to make a little handle.



The basket was created by scaling one side of a box outwards to make it larger. Once this was done I used the inset tool to cut out the opening on the top where the lid would go. I then chamfered out the edges to make them smooth. I used the inset and extruded tools to make a handle on the top and used the Pro Boolean Tool to create a hole for the bears face.


No comments:

Post a Comment